A construction worker in Philadelphia was electrocuted near a site north of the center of the city. The worker was working on the third floor of a building being renovated in the Fairmount area of Philadelphia. The man came into contact with an electric wire around 1:30 pm Monday and fell from the scaffolding to the ground.
A witness from the site told a television station that the construction worker was hoisting up a bucket with a large hook on it that hit a power line. About fifteen minutes later, the construction worker was pronounced dead. It is unclear whether he was killed by the fall or the electrocution.